Value learning for itself, not just as the means to an end.Michael Young and David Lambert
At Witham St Hughs Academy we strive to provide the best education possible and to ensure happiness and achievement for all. We will work in partnership with parents, local schools and the wider community to help our pupils become confident, responsible adults.
We believe that everyone in the school community, pupils, staff, parents and governors are partners with important contributions to make to the success and daily life of the Academy.
At Witham St Hughs Academy, we value:
Perseverance and lifelong learning
Happiness and enjoyment
Personal successes – High Standards and Achievement for All
- To encourage everyone to aspire to their highest academic and personal potential and to create opportunities to help them achieve greater independence.
- To provide children with high quality, relevant experiences which promote high standards of achievement academically, creatively, personally, socially, morally, culturally and spiritually.
- To recognise and value the contributions of all people within the school community.
- To provide a secure and supportive environment that promotes healthy lifestyles, happiness and a sense of caring and belonging.
- To work in partnership with all those involved in the life of the Academy in order to create an atmosphere of openness, trust and respect that enables people to undertake their responsibilities.
- To develop positive self-esteem, confidence and enthusiasm for all, developing an awareness of self-worth and pride in achievements.
- To develop and implement exciting, challenging and varied learning experiences which meet the needs of the 21st century for all.
- To ensure children develop the necessary life skills to prepare them for life and work.